Saturday, June 8, 2013

training 6-8-13

Folsom Canal, 21.5 miles. Birkenstein (172.5mm cranks). 1) 222w, 2) 220w. My Birkenstein muscles are weak from the two months I've been away from it. No matter how much I sat back on the DF I couldn't reduce the quad-dominance to my liking. Birkenstein complements the velomobile better. Anyway, even 220 watts made my glutes hurt. My weight is down 5lbs to 197. I think I have a livable diet now. I switched out lowfat milk for whole fat. The higher fat and lower carb content seems to stabilize my blood sugar better and I haven't been getting cravings. Also, my blood-pressure drop episodes have reduced significantly. My macrobiotic breakdown is 20% protein, 30% carbohydrate and 50% fat. Maybe there is hope yet for me being ripped and Euro-sexy in time for Battle Mountain. Another change I'm making is eliminating weight training to almost nothing again. I've been getting carried away doing more and more and I've been starting to feel the negative effects. Maybe once a week I'll wave 20lb dumbbells around.

No comments: