Thursday, June 20, 2013

training 6-20-13

Folsom Canal, 21.5 miles. Birkenstein (172.5mm cranks). 1) 257w, 2) 257w. My calorie-deficient diet still has me feeling a bit light in the loafers. 257 watts ain't bad but it felt like more work than it should. For a given PRE there is an extra misery factory that I can't put my finger on. I have a suspicion it might be because of a lack of carbohydrates. Even though I added more calories I still maintained the 20% carb level. I don't think 200+ watt training, and especially 250+, likes sub-maintenance levels of calories, especially when those calories are low in carbohydrates. Another place I'm feeling it is with volume. I have no desire to do more than the one round-trip I've been doing. That's okay for now and I'm kind of interested in what kind of effect that will have on my future fitness. I'm planning on doing a test run on July 20th in the velomobile with the hood, foothole covers and fast tires to see how I compare against my best training round-trip run (33.3mph). This would be done at a training effort without extra rest days or prolonged carb load.

No comments: