Wednesday, June 19, 2013

training 6-19-13

Folsom Canal, 22.5 miles. QuestXS (open cockpit). N-28.5, S-29.7. That's more like it -- a 29.1mph round-trip average. I should be going pretty good once I break 30 in the current, slow configuration. I feel so much better eating more. The initial drop in calories felt great for a while but at some point that high wears off and the gradual decline begins. It happens so gradually that I don't even notice my ever-dimming worldview until I hit the wall. Eating is so wonderful then. That's pretty much been the cycle of my adult life. I can't really knock it. It's allowed me to get away with eating massive amounts of food and not weighing the 300lbs I should. It's been the same way for overeating as well, though. I never feel better than when I'm eating enough to gain weight but eventually the same thing happens -- I hit a wall and suddenly overeating (or standing in front of a mirror naked) doesn't feel so great anymore. Maybe that's just the way it's supposed to be for me -- back and forth. After all, all things in nature are cyclical. I've never had any success trying to maintain a happy medium. It's feast or famine. All or nothing. Come to think of it, I'm that way with everything.

No comments: