Friday, June 7, 2013

training 6-7-13

Folsom Canal, 22.5 miles. QuestXS (open cockpit). N-26.0, S-28.3. I removed the hood and foothole covers. I also removed the Durano and Stelvio up front and replaced them with an old pair of Continental Top Touring Pro 2000. They're heavy but I run them at low pressure and they sure are smooth (and slow). I was going to go with some Primo Comets but I figured they wouldn't last too long. In the back I replaced the 1.1" Durano with the stock Schwalbe Marathon Racer. I hadn't planned on riding today but I felt like it. Perhaps with the shorter rides I can go back to six days per week. I'll give it a try. That fits into what I'm trying to do at the moment. After all, my philosophy is anything that is healthy can be done everyday. More than that, fitness bulding maybe-- optimally healthy, no. My lack of calories (I'm planning on 2300 per day) should help keep the intensity in the healthy zone.

No comments: