Wednesday, February 6, 2013

training 2-6-13

Folsom Canal, 33.5 miles. QuestXS (foothole covers, hood w/shield). N-25.9, S-27.2, N-28.1, S-29.5. Easy day. I received an alert from Velomobile.nl that I may have a faulty flange that is bonded to the shell and attaches to the drive-side of the swingarm. I disassembled the parts and from what I can tell it looks okay but am waiting to hear from them after receiving the pictures I sent them. Anyway, when I removed the L-bracket that is an intermediary between the swingarm and shell flange I noticed that the hole where the swingarm bolt goes through is slotted. Over one side of the slot there is an "x" where the bolt was installed originally. When I put everything back together I positioned the bracket in it's original position but by looking at the rear wheel (what little I could see of it) this didn't seem right to me. What looked right was mounting the bolt on the other side of the slot so that's what I did. Maybe "x" meant "not here". Anyway, it may be my imagination but it seems to run smoother. I've always had this nagging feeling that there is some extra resistance that isn't supposed to be there but I couldn't put my finger on it. I don't feel that anymore. Maybe it is my imagination but what is not is that my drivetrain used to snap, crackle and pop every time I took off from a start in low gear. It doesn't do that anymore.

No comments: