Wednesday, February 27, 2013

training 2-27-13

Folsom Canal, 44.5 miles (1786.5 YTD). QuestXS (foothole covers, hood w/shield). N-33.4, S-29.9, N-33.5, S-29.3, N-31.3, S-27.6. I got slower after the third run. That's not normal. I weighed a couple of pounds less than usual post-ride. Maybe I burned off my stored glycogen. Also, I think my electrolytes are out of whack. I have a salty taste in my mouth. I don't know if I need more sodium or less because potassium tastes salty too. My guess is more. I had palpitations during runs two and three but was able to fight through them by backing off temporarily--shifting up and lowering my cadence. I think junk food therapy is in order.

2 comments:

Larry Lem said...

Larry Lem says, I guess that's 7.4 miles per pass if I divide 44.5 by 6.

randy said...

Each pass is a little over 5 miles. The extra miles come from getting to and from the trail.