Sunday, February 3, 2013

training 2-3-13

Folsom Canal, 32.5 miles. Trike (170mm cranks). The batteries went dead in the hub of my Powertap (I hope) so I don't have any data. I'm sure I was over 200 watts for the ride, though. The Zox isn't going to work out as a viable race bike. With the idler spaced away from the frame it was destroying my knees and moving the idler in all the way made for too much crossover to hit the 11-t cog. I could go with a 12-t small and a 5-speed but I don't have a big enough chainring to make it work. Oh well, it made me finally get off my ass and modify my carbon bike to make it a RWD version of my FWD that I liked so much. It'll be better, though, with no idler interference and a 700c rear which will accept my Powertap wheel. I re-modified the frame and now I have to work on the seat and rear brake mount.

No comments: