Tuesday, February 5, 2013

training 2-5-13

Folsom Canal, 32.5 miles. Trike (170mm cranks). 1) 273w, 2) 239w, 3)283w, 4) 240w. I thought I'd be lucky to average 200 watts today after the level of riding I did the past three days. On the first run I had the wind at my back and decided to roll with the flow. I ended the run at around 300 watts just to see if it was something I could hold during a TT. It looks like I can. I backed off for the second run but still was surprised I was doing 240-ish watts. Again, on the third run I had no intention of pushing it but with the wind at my back I just went with what felt natural. It was easier than the first run. For some reason riding with the wind (and hopefully streamliners) is conducive to power output for me. Perhaps it's the smoothness of the pedal stroke thanks to the aerodynamic flywheel effect. Anyway, I can't complain about today's session. I probably should force myself to back off for a while. Things are going a bit too good and I don't want to go to the well too often. My work capacity on a day-to-day basis is off the charts compared to my history.

No comments: