Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Training 11-27-12

Galt, 30 miles. QuestXS (open cockpit). 24.6mph average. I rode today because there's a series of storms coming that are supposed to be really wet and windy. Rather than compromise my training by riding in that stuff I added today. I woke up tired and toyed with blowing off the ride but I know I'd feel worse if I did with the layoff coming. Given my average speed I'm glad I didn't. The day I did 26mph average I woke up tired as well. The off days will give me a chance to tweak the velo some more. I've got an idea for a different seat that will allow me to sit at the velo floor level. I've got to mock one up and see if there's any unseen complications before I commit to carbon. If it works out I'll sit about an inch lower which, most importantly, will effectively raise the bottom bracket. I should also be able to sit further back which will allow me to move the bottom bracket back which raises it due to the angle of the subframe. The aerodynamic benefit will be nice as well.

No comments: