Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I think I got it

Instead of having the seat all the forward I shoved it all the back (and up two spaces on the rear seat support bracket). Not only did I add back the second shim behind my hips to fill in the seat bucket, I added a third. This did two good things. It increased the seat angle, closing my overall body position while at the same time opening my hip angle. That's important. While I like an overall closed body position I don't like closed hip angles. It's much better for me to achieve the proper body angle by curving my spine so that it's concave from the front. This is a feature that my beloved dual-20 FWD had. I noticed that Barbara Buatois uses this same setup in the Varna she rides. I might achieve even better results if I pad the area behind my trapezius if I have the shoulder room.

No comments: