Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Training 11-21-12

Galt, 30 miles. QuestXS (open cockpit). 23.2mph average. After that I continued the ride by doing my Rancho Murieta short course of 23 miles with an average speed of 25.4mph. Even though the R.M. course is hillier, with 559 total feet of climbing compared to 225 for the Galt course, it's significantly faster. The R.M. course has my coastdown test hill and I did 40.7mph for the maiden run. That's about as good as I've ever done in the best of conditions (a tailwind). Today the wind was from the side. I think I hit 40-41mph twice before out of hundreds of attempts. My seat feels much better but it's still a ways off from my dual-20 FWD. About the only improvement I can make from here is to raise the bottom bracket about 1/2". I wish I could raise it three. Hmmm, Milan-esque footbumps? If I did that my feet wouldn't stick out of the bottom footholes and I could close them off flush. Another idea I was toying with is removing the top and building a whole new one. That way I could perfect my position and then build around it.

No comments: