Tuesday, May 28, 2013

training 5-28-13

Folsom Canal, 44.5 miles (YTD 4010). QuestXS (foothole covers, hood w/shield). N-30.7, S-30.0, N-31.6, S-30.1, N-30.5, S-30.1. 30.5mph total ride average. It looks like I'm going to pass on the Hellyer races in favor of the Folsom TT next Tuesday. As the Hellyer race approached I've been more and more apprehensive about subjecting my velomobile to the dangers of riding on the velodrome with inexperienced riders. Doing so has already caused one of my bikes to be destroyed. I've thought about what would happen if someone caused damage to my velomobile. I would not be happy and I'd only have myself to blame. Sure, killing the offender would bring short-term satisfaction but that wouldn't fix my velomobile nor would it do much for my future freedom. Anyway, after trying to electronically signup and failing, then having my printer go on the fritz when I tried to print the forms out I'm going to heed the omen. Yay, I also saved myself 5-6 hours of driving, gas and entry fees. Instead I can ride five miles to the TT course from my house.

No comments: