Sunday, May 12, 2013

training 5-12-13

Folsom Canal, 44.5 miles (3654 YTD). QuestXS (foothole covers, hood w/shield). N-32.5, S-29.6, N-32.0, S-29.3, N-29.2, S-25.3. Easy day. Despite that I feel the most beat up I ever have after a ride this season. Even though it didn't feel that hard doing the 293 watt interval (about 15 minutes) on the DF yesterday as soon as I stopped it hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to sit down to keep from passing out. I couldn't help thinking that I'm going to kill myself if I keep this up (Just sayin' in case it happens. I don't want nature thinking it pulled a fast one on me). My quads are especially toasted. They're not sore, just drained of glycogen. My accelerating power started off low and tapered quickly. By the last lap I was crawling along at 27mph with just a slight headwind. That's got to be a record low. Oh well, I have three weeks until Hellyer so I'll be tapering anyway.

No comments: