Thursday, May 16, 2013

training 5-16-13

Folsom Canal, 44.5 miles (3744 YTD). QuestXS (foothole covers, hood w/shield). N-28.3, S-24.4, N-28.5, S-24.6, N-28.8, S-24.6. Super easy day. After moving around like the living dead I needed it. Perhaps I'll stick to easy rides until the Hellyer races. Another thing I have to be wary of is that after the last four velomobile sessions I've added stiff-leg deadlifts. I'm only using 110lbs for 3 sets of 10 for starters which is very easy but I have to keep my eyes peeled for any negative effects, either muscular or hormonal. The reason I decided to try them is that the velomobile position stresses my quads more than I'd like and I'm concerned that my glutes and hamstrings might be undertrained and susceptible to excessive damage in the required Battle Mountain position. That is also why I am keeping at least one session per week with longer cranks.

No comments: