Wednesday, May 22, 2013

training 5-22-13

Folsom Canal, 44.5 miles (3876.5 YTD). QuestXS (foothole covers, hood w/shield). N-27.8, S-35.0, N-28.7, S-35.1, N-29.9, S-35.4. Very windy (31.98mph total ride average). I felt good today but still held back. Yesterday I started my Blue Oyster Cult (aka Don't Fear the Reaper) Diet. I switched out oatmeal for premium grade, 61% fat ice cream. I had a half gallon (4480 calories) of it yesterday to prime the pump. My diet will be nine eggs fried in butter, at least a half gallon of milk and at least a quart of ice cream per day. Plenty o' saturated fat. This diet, and variations of it, has proven to be a good high-performance diet in the past. The fatal flaw in it is my inability to keep ice cream stocked without eating too much of it. Maybe this time.

No comments: