Monday, December 3, 2012

Training 12-3-12

Rancho Murieta-Ione, 48 miles. QuestXS (open cockpit). 26.0mph average. At the shooting range at 19 miles, which was my old test destination, my average speed was 24.8mph. As a comparison I've done 24mph on my first, steel, dual-700 highracer and 25.1 on my Fogcom steel lowracer. At the turnaround point of today's ride I had a 25mph average. I'm coming to the conclusion that in the 20's the open, un-aerodynamically enhanced Quest has little advantage over a good racing recumbent bike. Once I hit 30 it's a whole different ballgame and then it's not even close. I finished today's ride cruising at 32mph. My Coastdown Hill speed was 41.4mph today (done, as usual, with a 25mph run-up). My new seat works fine. It's much stiffer than stock and takes up much less room.

No comments: