Saturday, December 15, 2012

Training 12-15-12

Galt, 30 miles. QuestXS (open cockpit). 20.7mph average. I rode the first ten miles at my usual-of-late pace and then it finally hit me that I need some easy ride time so I took it easy the rest of the way. I've been way too focused on the manhood validator (aka the speedometer). I'm turning into one of those tiny-balled dipshits who shoot their miniscule wad every ride and wonder why they never have any race fitness (am I angry much?-- another sign). I need to relearn how to wear a 20mph average speed as a badge of honor, instead of being such a douche, and go back to the days where I was torn between fearing that I was going too slow to possibly build fitness and feeling like a smug mofo who thought he knew something others didn't by doing so. In other news, I was able to raise the bottom bracket 3/4" again. I had to cut off the ends of my shoes to make it work. They still rubbed a little but I have some extra room to trim.

No comments: