Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Training 12-11-12

Galt, 30 miles. QuestXS (open cockpit). 25.0mph average. Each day with the long cranks I feel I'm using more hamstring and less quad. It sure seems like the best way for me to get speed with the velomobile is to over-gear, almost bogging down, and digging my way out of the hole with my hamstrings, slowly accelerating up to higher than normal (with traditional pedaling technique) speed. Once there it's pretty easy to stay on top of it even though it almost feels more like a weightlifting exercise than cycling. I blew my diet last night. I guess 2300 calories is too low for what I'm doing. My blood-sugar crashed and my body told me to eat now and eat a lot. So I did. That's two small steps forward and one big, Neil Armstrong-step back for fatkind. Oh well, I don't feel bad. It was one of those cases where if I did manage to fight the urge I would definitely burn more muscle than fat. Anyway, I'm going to add two cups of oatmeal and three tablespoons of sugar to my daily diet. That'll put me a little over 3000 calories.

No comments: