Monday, December 10, 2012

Training 12-10-12

Galt, 30 miles. QuestXS (open cockpit). 24.4mph average. I'm still running a caloric deficit. Today's ride was entirely on fumes. I'm on a strict diet and passed my first test by declining a plate of baked goodies after my ride today. My diet consists of a dozen eggs fried in butter and a half-gallon of 2% milk. That's about 2300 calories per day. I also take a multi-vitamin/mineral and extra vitamin E and a gram of vitamin C. I've been fickle about my body weight over the past few years because I wasn't convinced that losing weight would help for the kind of cycling I do. I've done relatively well weighing 200lbs or 170lbs. My first three trike TT's this year, the first time I've raced in the closed position, suggested that being lighter is the way to go as I was sucking wind. My legs had an aerobic capacity higher than my heart and lungs could supply. Losing a bunch of unnecessary mass should help in that regard. It'll probably help summertime velomobile riding, as well, being less of a sweat hog.

No comments: