Sunday, October 28, 2012

Training 10-28-12

Plus 1 day. Folsom Canal. 188 watt average. This was my sixth and final day of my training week. I'm surprised to see that I got stronger (for the prescribed PRE). Like the night before my second highest output I had a 1500 calorie bowl of oatmeal last night. I had it earlier in the evening this time (and didn't have quite as wild of dreams as a consequence). The other thing in common on these two days was that I didn't have breakfast before the ride as I was still plenty loaded from the night before. My usual breakfast consists of six eggs. I had three no-wind days like today. Today's ride was .9mph faster than the other two. One of them, yesterday, was done at 172 watts, a 16 watt difference. The weekly run went 174-172-169-177-172-188 (this is kind of skewed as the first day was on a different bike and position). This is a good weekly workload (~130miles/unfaired trike). When I was playing around with the higher outputs I noticed a spike in my testosterone production. While this felt good it also concerned me. Given the cyclic nature of nature I know that what goes up must come down and at this stage of the game I don't want to rock the hormonal boat. My goal is to coax my aerobic power up by not doing more in any one day than I can recover from in a day. As a race approaches I will include more rest days per week (probably four instead of one) and let my output rise naturally as, hopefully, my body overcompensates.

No comments: