Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Training: 10-23-12

Plus 2 days. Folsom Canal. I decided to revert back to the daily, low-intensity, P.R.E.-based training that I was doing before I acquired the Powertap. I felt horrible yesterday due to my last training session so didn't even do a recovery ride (thanks in part to heavy rain). I set the display on the Powertap to "max watts" so I wouldn't know what my current output was and wouldn't be tempted to look. I went at a pace that my body knows is right. My average watts was 174. That will be on the high end of the output spectrum as I had a days rest. The 174 watts was very close to the 170 of five days ago when I went by feel. That represents 62-63% of my aerobic capacity. I suspect the next sessions with no rest days in between will be in the 50s.

No comments: