Saturday, April 6, 2013

training 4-6-13

Folsom Canal, 44.5 miles (2802 YTD). QuestXS (foothole covers, hood w/shield). N-32.6, S-30.4, N-34.0, S-30.6, N-33.5, S-30.7. The day off did me some good because today was a total average speed training record on the canal of 31.96mph. It's especially nice because I'm in the post max-effort lull where I start losing interest and start looking for other physical outlets. Having Battle Mountain on the horizon will keep me on track. It's not that Battle Mountain is at all important to me-- I've never had any desire to do it as a rider-- it's just another goal. What is important is knowing that it, especially my performance there, is important to someone else who is counting on me to do my best. That makes it more important to me than if I was just doing it for myself and will motivate me to push my fitness level higher than I otherwise would have.

No comments: