Monday, April 22, 2013

training 4-22-13

Folsom Canal, 44.5 miles (3123 YTD). QuestXS (foothole covers, hood w/shield). N-29.6, S-33.1, N-30.8, S-33.5, N-30.1, S-32.3. For some time I've had issues with my neck where I had limited range of motion torsionally. It didn't cause me pain it just made it difficult to look sideways. Recently I discovered Netflix and have been O.D.-ing on movies. Much of that time was spent flat on my back with my head propped up on a duffle bag. I think that's what's been giving me the headaches. When I have a headache I can feel a rope of pain coming out of the side of my spine in my neck, over the top of the right side of my head into my right eye. Anyway, I noticed after yesterday's ride on the DF my neck felt much looser and could turn without much resistance though it does still make a bit of noise that probably only I can hear. I think working the erector muscles in my neck helped straightened things out in there. Hopefully, no more headaches. Over my last seven velomobile sessions my average training speed is 31.57mph. That's a significant jump, especially considering the health issues I've been dealing with. I'm going back to six days per week until three weeks before Hellyer on June 1st.

No comments: