Tuesday, July 9, 2013

training 7-9-13

Folsom Canal, 22.5 miles. QuestXS (open cockpit). N-30.3, S-28.2. My legs were completely empty today. I even felt resistance while walking when I went out to get the paper. It's probably partly due to my no longer wanting to throw away eggs yolks. I eat them and instead cut my oatmeal consumption in half which puts me at 50 carbohydrates per day. That's Atkin's territory. Despite my legs being empty today's run went pretty well once I got the aerobic engine going. My legs felt very comfortable. I suspect any leg discomfort associated with bike racing or hard training stems purely from the fast-twitch fibers when they engage in an assistance capacity. I suspect that the aerobic system can operate for extremely long times without food provided enough bodyfat and electrolytes are available.

No comments: