Tuesday, July 2, 2013

training 7-2-13

Folsom Canal, 22.5 miles. QuestXS (open cockpit). N-30.3, S-27.1. Yesterday after my ride I drank straight milk for the first time in a number of days. It sat in my stomach like a rock and soon I was in a food coma (very common for me). I decided then and there no more milk for me. Hours later I cooked my oatmeal in water instead of milk and added only salt and cinnamon. Oatmeal (with milk and sugar) usually causes food comas as well but this time it didn't. Also, I no longer have those blood-pressure drop spells every time I stand up. I haven't had one since I made the change. Next on the chopping block will be eggs and the butter I cook them in. That's another food that often doesn't have a neutral impact on how I feel when I eat it. I'm cleaning up my diet act from here on out. Something tells me it's time.

No comments: