Saturday, July 13, 2013

training 7-13-13

Folsom Canal, 22.5 miles. QuestXS (open hood, only). N-33.5, S-32.4. I wanted to see what the airflow through the velomobile was like with just the hood -- no foothole covers or hood hole covers. It's pretty good and reduces the majority of the humidity. Even with the slow tires I came within .35mph of my training PR average speed. Yesterday was another feast day. The two days before that I doubled my calories but was still under maintenance-levels. This feast or famine approach seems to suit me the best , as it always heas. After Battle Mountain I think I'll try the same principle with my training -- both cycling and lifting. For cycling I'll do daily, health-inducing bike-walks interspersed with harder days. I'm not sure what the best frequency for the harder days is but it's probably between three and seven days. For weights I'll do a "lifting-walk" every other day or so as I'm doing now but throw in a heavy session about once every three weeks.

No comments: