Monday, August 6, 2012

more trike mods

I rotated my body position back about ten degrees, raising the bottom bracket into a more aerodynamically desirable position. This new position is very similar to what I'll have in my Quest. I built a proper racing tailfairing and made front wheel covers. I should go faster. Next race is the Putah Creek TT on August 15th. One thing I really like about the closed position on a recumbent is it allows me to train harder, more frequently and race more often. This is due, I'm fairly certain, to the emphasis on the glutes and hamstrings which for me are predominantly slow-twitch as opposed to my quads which are emphasized in the open position. Also, it's so much nicer riding around with my head oriented in the position it was designed to operate. It's a win-win. The only down side is aerodynamics but that's what tailfairings are for.

No comments: