Friday, August 31, 2012

Despite modifications to my tailfairing to allow better breathing along with some other small aerodynamic improvements I managed to go about 20 seconds slower in last Wednesday's TT. What's up with that? Mostly, I think racing three times in five weeks was too much even with the user-friendly closed position. Also, I was still sucking wind. Even with unrestricted airflow my lungs couldn't process enough oxygen to supply my legs. This is so out of the norm for me. In the open position I can pedal to my heart's content and not breathe heavy. In a fit of post-race disappointment/mania I made like Michael Jackson's plastic surgeon and took a hacksaw and utility knife to my trike. I lowered the seat all the way down to the frame and reshaped the tailfairing. If I can't feed the power then I might as well minimize the power requirement. I'll try and recover for the last race of the season on Oct. 3rd.

No comments: