Friday, January 7, 2011

more trike racing mods






I ditched the stock seat and replaced it with the one I had on my dual-20 lowracer and bonded it to the frame. I did the same with the upper back/neck support. This much improved the handling as the stock seat flexed quite a bit laterally. It also allowed me to be more laidback. In the interest of simplicity and cleaning up the rear end aerodynamically I beefed up the upper stays and cut off the lower ones. I also reinforced the main tube to compensate for the loss of torsional stability. It's a rock now.

Eventually I want to shorten the steering linkage arms so that the linkage is tucked behind the frame cross-member. Once that is done the plan is to add a trailing edge to the cross-member. I've toyed with the idea of reducing the track a couple of inches but I might be making more trouble for myself than it's worth.

I hoping to do my first TT at Putah Creek in March (if they start that early).

No comments: